Thursday, January 27, 2011

Every Day as A Friday

I love Fridays, and I'm not alone.Most people associate the last the last day of the workweek with feelings of relief,relaxation and anticipation of good times to come in the weekend ahead. You know there has to be something special about a day when the feeling of celebration that accompanies its arrival is even commemorated in the name of a restaurant chain. And so, I , too, celebrate Fridays. after dropping my brother off my brother at school, I head to Starbucks, to pick up a coffee treat of one type or another. Then, instead of walking straight home, I generally take a long route through the most scenic roads I could find, which usually includes my favourite corner of the park. On and on throughout, I find myself smiling and happy that for no other reason than that the day's name starts with "F", rather than an "M","T",or "W".

                                                                The Starbucks I went to

When I pick my brother up later in the afternoon, we high-five physically and vocally, our chorus of "Friday!" resonating at least as loudly as our hand slap. Then we point out to each other the signs of  beginning of celebration around the streets. Secondary school student playing soccer on the faternity lawns and burgers being flipped on the barbeque pit.T.G.I.Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment